3rd best engineering college
No. 2 for veterans studying engineering
Top return on investment
For nearly 150 years, Missouri S&T has provided a top-notch education at a great value.
Whether you’re fresh out of high school, transferring from another college or university, are a military veteran, or a lifelong adult learner, you’ll find that S&T offers affordable options and a great return on your investment.
- Number 1 best value college in Missouri (SmartAsset.com, 2018)
- Number 2 engineering program for student veterans (College Factual, 2018)
- Number 2 engineering program for non-traditional students (College Factual, 2018)
- Number 3 engineering college, according (College Factual, 2018)
- Number 6 university in the nation for annual return on investment (PayScale.com, April 2018)
- Number 15 public college with the highest-earning graduates (Forbes, August 2017)
- Number 18 "best schools for internships" (Princeton Review, 2018)
- Number 24 top STEM college (Forbes, August 2017)
20 student design teams
99 degree programs
250+ student organizations
- Over 8,600 students from across the U.S. and around the world choose to study at Missouri S&T; 6,848 undergraduate students and 1,759 graduate students were enrolled at S&T in the fall of 2018.
- Home to 20 student design teams that give students the opportunity to develop their problem-Solving, teamwork and business skills while designing and building racecars, robots, rockets, rovers and more.
- 5 all-time among NCAA Division II colleges and universities for Capital One Academic All-America selections with 96 student-athletes chosen (May 2018).
- 15 NCAA Division II varsity athletic teams.
- 99 degree programs in 40 areas of study – from business and information technology to engineering, the sciences, the humanities, and the liberal arts.
- Committed to environmental sustainability, Missouri S&T is home to one of the nation’s most comprehensive geothermal energy systems. Online since 2015, the system has reduced energy usage by over 50 percent campuswide.
- Home to the Solar Village and EcoVillage - two neighborhoods of student designed and built solar houses that took part in the U.S. Department of Energy’s Solar Decathlon. Today, these homes serve as real-world labs for sustainable living.
- Focused research in advanced manufacturing, advanced materials for sustainable infrastructure, energy and the environment, materials for extreme environments, and smart living.
- Over 250 student organizations. Whether you’re into longboarding, running, spelunking, barbecuing or blacksmithing, Missouri S&T has an organization for you.
- The University of Missouri System’s only highly selective university.
- Established in 2010, Missouri S&T’s Celebration of Nations is one of the largest international festivals in the Ozarks.